Rugby Pitch Care & Advice
It is important for a rugby pitch to be the right quality, performance and durability to last throughout each season. Producing the best possible playing quality is the goal for groundsmen and this requires both technical skill and practical experience.
We work in partnership with stadia, rugby clubs, schools and other sport facilities by providing advice on the latest products, techniques and equipment that can be used to develop and improve rugby playing surfaces. STRI continues to work on researching and developing the best ways to manage sports turf to deliver the quality and durability the game of rugby demands.
Each of our advisors has years of experience and provides practical advice, to suit each client’s needs, on how to deliver quality playing performance across your rugby pitch.
Rugby Pitch Assessment & Recommendations
We provide a detailed assessment of the playing quality across your rugby pitch, along with a report and recommendations on maintenance techniques, products and programmes. Our STRI advisors provide this service as a one-off assessment or annually, at a discounted price, for our subscribers, who receive additional benefits, including:
- STRI Bulletin – delivered quarterly, incorporating the latest news and articles on turf development and maintenance
- STRI Help Line – telephone support and advice from the team all year round
- Discounted lab services – including organic matter and soils physics and chemistry testing
- Discounted training – to improve your knowledge on care and maintenance of your rugby pitches
- Access to STRI’s article and advice library
Problem Solving & Solutions
You may, from time to time, experience a particular problem or recurring problems on your rugby pitch that affects the playing quality or aesthetics of the surface. Our advisors provide help to quickly identify what the problem is with solutions on how to improve your playing surface quickly and efficiently.
These are the types of problems we frequently help to resolve on rugby pitches:
- Surface hardness or softness
- Grass species composition and poor grass cover
- Drainage or irrigation issues
- Pests, weeds and diseases – ID testing service and recommendations on how to manage these
Contact us on +44 (0)1274 565131 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how we can help support you in achieving quality sports turf across your rugby pitch throughout the season.