Ecology & Environment Consultant
This role has been developed to help the growth of the successful STRI Ecology and Environment Department which was set up 25 years ago to raise awareness of wildlife and ecological value across the Sport and Amenity Sectors and which now provides independent ecological and environmental advice to an increasing client base.
The successful candidate will provide ecological and environmental advice within the golfing industry and associated sectors across the UK. This role is wide ranging requiring technical competency in ecological survey legislation and consultancy. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate expertise in ecological survey and in general habitat management. The role also requires an understanding of environmental best practice and associated sustainable working. Good oral skills will be essential as it will be necessary to communicate and present to clients in an enthusiastic and professional manner. The role is demanding on time and often requires nights away from home and the ability to work independently.
- Provide ecological and environmental advice within the Golfing industry and associated sport and amenity sectors.
- Undertake a broad range of ecological surveys including habitat assessment and species survey.
- Develop woodland and ecological management plans.
- Undertake routine ecology related visits and report findings and recommendations for improvement.
- Produce robust EIA and associated reports/applications and submissions to planning authorities.
- Liaise with statutory bodies on ecological and environmental related issues.
- Provide advice on sustainability management
- Raise awareness of ecological value and significance of the chosen environments for wildlife.
- Advise sustainable working practices through reporting, communications, social media, seminars and environment initiatives.
- Assist with business development opportunities to improve STRI’s client portfolio, best practice working and awareness.
- Manage and administrate Golf Environment Awards and related promotional activities
- Manage individual client accounts including project finances.
Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will deliver the above on time and to an expected standard and will carry out these duties in a professional and courteous manner.
- Passion and enthusiasm for wildlife in general, for ecological functioning, species identification and habitat management.
- Specialism in at least one key area of working desirable (Ideally in European Protected Species Licensing)
- Good IT and report writing skills essential
- Excellent oral and communication skills – essential to liaise and communicate with clients in an effective friendly and professional manner.
- Public speaking skills are essential to the role
- Good inter personal skills to enable collaborative working with colleagues. Excellent organisational and management skills are essential to the above.
- Experience of project management and administration
- A biological, plant or earth science (or related) degree
- Enthusiastic and motivational
- Confident in communicating to all audiences
- Great work ethic with a desire to achieve excellent results
- Focused and dedicated
- Unflappable and able to work under pressure
- Enjoys autonomy and responsibility
- Company Car
- Attractive Pension
- Death In Service
- Generous holiday and leave allocation
- Salary dependent upon experience
- Senior Ecological Consultant
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to Suzanne Killip, STRI, St Ives Estate, Bingley, West Yorkshire, BD16 1AU or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 30 June 2015.