Jobs at STRI
Thank you for your interest in working for STRI.
We currently have the following vacancy:
SPORTS TURF CONSULTANT
STRI is the largest sports surface consultancy in the world and is rapidly expanding its resources, research facilities and services to meet the demands of our clients within the sports and amenity sector.
Providing sports surface consultancy to more than 2,000 clients each year including; sports clubs, stadia, governing bodies, tournaments and events, STRI is now seeking to recruit a talented turf consultant, based at our Australian Head Office in Cleveland, Qld.
Working as part of a rapidly growing team of like-minded professionals, the appointed person would develop relationships with clients and provide high quality sports surface advice to facilities of all levels including some of the world’s most iconic sports venues.
Reporting to STRI Senior Consultant for Asia-Pacific, the successful applicant will have extensive experience of sports turf management and a proven ability to work independently and within a wider team environment. Knowledge of playing surface requirements for a variety of sports including golf, AFL, football, rugby and cricket would be advantageous.
A tertiary qualification in related plant, soil or sports science will be essential along with excellent communication skills, as liaising with business professionals and turf managers will be required on a daily basis.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will be flexible, ambitious, focused and have the following attributes:
- Experience of natural and synthetic sports turf management
- An understanding of sports surface design and construction
- Knowledge of the Australian sports industry
- Interpersonal and communication skills – both oral and written
- Effective planning and time management skills
- Knowledge of and interest in sports surface operations
- Excellent administrative and computing skills
- Ability and enthusiasm for interstate and international travel.
To register your interest in this exciting role please send a covering letter and CV to HR@stri.com.au